This position will require the operator to handle loading and moving Bins of watermelon, load freezers with palletized drums and assist in loading and unloading trucks.
- 1. Inspect forklift prior to start of shift, and ensure battery is charged at end of shift.
2. Safely move stacked bins of watermelon to storage and processing line and feed the bins on the intake line
3. Assist in equipment setup
4. Load and unload trailers of pallets of bins or drums
5. Assist in the processing area as needed in various areas
6. Manually and mechanically load and unload materials
7. Operate industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard, or similar location.
8. Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
9. Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
10. Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
11. Ensure finished product is stacked correctly and provide finished pallets with stretch wrap and pallet number.
12. Assist with minor repair works as required.
13. Ensuring that pallets & bin properly accounted for
14. Following all safety policies and procedures
15. Maintains a clean working area.
16. Note and remove any damaged product.
17. Report all accidents and injuries.
18. Other duties as assigned
19. Work in varying temperatures