This position provides the sales & dispatch teams with support and coordination with everyday tasks. Our plan for the chosen candidate is to work seasonally (April - October) year after year, ideally. This position will operate Monday-Friday (40 hour week, requested start time 7AM). This position reports to the Sales Manager, Sales department & Dispatch department.
-Must possess excellent communication skills, customer service skills, and be motivated and willing to take initiative. (Agricultural background preferred) Must have the ability to multi-task and be able to use a computer with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, -Outlook, Powerpoint and ability learn Famous, ltrade and Retail Link.
-Self-starter & task oriented
- - Interact constantly with each individual sales person (5) to help with daily tasks which may include but are not limited to the following:
o Assist with order entry received from customers by phone, email or web based platforms (i.e. itrade
o Assist with sending passings and completing shipments for invoicing
o Communicate with our in house and 3rd party shipping coordinators if discrepancies are found with
o Assist in obtaining proof of delivery (POD) documents for specific customers or for shipments that
discrepancies arise after shipment/invoicing
- Assist sales department by calling retail store produce managers for assigned customers to gather bi-
weekly orders for direct store drops
- Schedule delivery appointments, both online and by phone
- Contact trucking companies to coordinate shipments.
- Instruct drivers on load requirements.
- Administrative duties when tendering load confirmations as trucks are hired.
- Track and report back to appropriate parties with updates of truck status.
o Includes communication with drivers/ trucking company dispatchers to ensure the load will be
loaded and delivered on time.
o Includes communication with shipping points to ensure truck arrives during scheduled shipping
hours or scheduled appointment.
o Includes communication with sales department to ensure truck delivers to customer during
scheduled receiving hours or scheduled appointment.
- Proactively manage delivery deficiencies and quality concerns or issues including reordering, rejection, contamination, etc.
- Continually exceed customer's expectations by dispatching hassle-free deliveries, on time, every time.