CDL drivers are responsible for transporting all types of goods from one location to another using a truck. Drivers are required to perform inspections before and after a trip and maintain the federally mandated ELD. Driver will follow appropriate safety procedures to transport cargo. Occasionally a driver unload assist will be required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must have or obtain OSHA Forklift Certification before driving a lift.
2. Class A License or ability to obtain once hired.
Education and/or Experience
1. High school education or equivalent preferred.
2. Requires valid commercial drivers’ license and clean driving record.
3. 2-3 years of truck driving experience.
4. Class A commercial driver's license or able to attain one within 60 days.
5. Ability to operate an electric Pallet Jack, operate a hand truck.
- 1. Ensure that the truck is cleaned and maintained in a safe working manner.
2. Accurately perform a pre-trip inspection that includes tires, fuel, oil etc.
3. Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chains or covers.
4. Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
5. Inspect motor vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order, and follows safety procedures for vehicle operation.
6. Accurately complete delivery forms and forward the documentation for timely processing.
7. Before loading ensure that the compartments are free of produce.
8. Monitor the conditions of the produce on the trip and take appropriate action.
9. Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chains or covers.
10. Inspect loads to ensure that produce is secure.
11. Transport produce to required area.
12. Load and Unload trucks when at destination.
13. Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable State and Federal regulations.
14. Record service or repair activities.