Van Groningen & Sons, Inc. is currently seeking a Food Safety Field Assistant in Manteca, California.
This position will be responsible for assisting with the Food Safety Program and Employee Safety Program at Van Groningen & Sons, Inc. Assist in maintaining compliance with all Food Safety Standards at the field level.
Position Reports to: Food Safety Manager
· Valid California Drivers License
· Ability to lift heavy objects
· Strong Organizational skills
· Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
· Detail oriented and able to follow through on tasks.
· Ability to work 40-60 hours per week (including Saturdays)
· Bilingual English/Spanish
· Quick learner and forward thinker
· Ability to create and implement a schedule.
· Prior experience in Ag environment
· Ability to multitask
- Monitor employee’s compliance with GAPs, SOP’s and OSHA.
Will assist in the implementation of company rules and procedures.
Perform analytical tests and inspections.
Field inspections watermelons, cantaloupes, and pumpkins
Water samples and water assessments for fields
Product testing program in fields
Pesticide Testing program in fields
Track and collect all harvest daily’s, sanitation forms, daily knife records.
Testing cleaning solutions
ATP Testing on harvesters after sanitation
Create Single maps with Water locations and flows.
Assist with Risk assessments on Fields.
Assist with All Food Safety Audits
Will assist with checking and Verifying Spray records for Re-entry times.
Will assist with checking restrooms and notifying SVP on cleaning issues and locations.
Will assist with Food Safety Tail gates
Rodent Traps at huller and Hub
Delivery and Inventory of supplies issued to filed supervisors.
Will assist with transporting injured and or first aid employees.
First Aid kit checks and keeping stocked
Other duties as assigned.